I came across this blog called The 30 Before 30 Project, and it chronicles the adventures of a soon-to-be 30-year-old writer looking to finish her bucket list of things to do before she hits the big 3-0.
It’s quite interesting because it’s something I’ve always wanted to do, and to read about someone already in the middle of doing it is just inspiring. Gave me the motivation to do a personal bucket list project of my own. :D
Now I’m not turning 30 anytime soon, but it’s only a couple years away (ack, only realized that now) so today is really the perfect time to embark on something as big as this.
I’m not thinking diminutive goals like “paint more” or “start running”—I’m thinking a Big Kahuna list of things I’ve always said I’d do but have never gotten around to. Nothing like a deadline to get the ball rolling, so here goes.
My 30 Before 30 Project:
6. Bungee jump.
7. Hike up the Chocolate Hills in Bohol.
10. Rock out to my favorite band at a concert.
11. Marvel at the magnificent temples of Siem Reap.
17. Learn a new language.
18. Indulge in an “artful” life—a yearlong project that involves museum visits, attending gallery openings, checking out art workshops, creating art, and exploring different art mediums. :D
20. Have a “Before Sunrise” moment. :p
21. Go white-water rafting in Davao.
22. Watch the sunrise from one of the Philippines’ highest peaks.
23. Experience Thailand’s Loi Krathong Festival.
24. Have a “Turning Japanese” adventure :D
25. Get stoked. (Read: ride the waves without falling off the surfboard this time!)
26. Experience a local cultural festival. (Booked: October Masskara in Bacolod!)
27. Go back to Sagada.
28. See the sakura in full bloom :)
30. Explore a local destination on two wheels. (Read: book a bike tour!)
The goal is to demolish the list before I turn 30 on February 2014.
Bring it. :D